Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole


Where do I begin?

I don't typically read YA. I don't typically read ugly cry books. But, with all the hype surrounding this book, I knew I had to give it a shot. And I wasn't disappointed.

Tillie Cole took me on an adventure. And it made my heart burst. Literally. It burst and shattered into a million little pieces.

A Thousand Boy Kisses tells us about the epic love story between Poppy Litchfield and Rune Kristiansen. Rune moves from Norway to Georgia when he was five years old. He then meets lively Poppy, his next door neighbor and soon to be best friend and soul mate.

I wish I could convey the feelings that this book made me feel. I really can't put it into words. I think this picture sums it up nicely



Seriously.

I won't sugar coat it. This book hurt my soul. It was beautifully devastating yet, I couldn't stop reading it. I kept telling myself, "STOP", but I had to keep going. When the end of the book came, I was happy it was over. Not because I didn't enjoy it. Because, I don't think my heart could endure anymore heartache.

I am making this really enticing right?

All the heartache and heartbreak was worth it. I hope that one day I have a love as epic as Poppy as Rune. I want Poppy's unbridled enthusiasm for life and Rune's unwavering love.

My advice for you is READ THIS BOOK.
Then go live life and love as much as you can. I think Poppy would agree with me.

1 comment:

  1. awww! Great review... now I think I'll hang out at 2% a little longer...lol

    ReplyDelete